When it comes to choosing the right Marine GPS, it might not be as easy as you had hoped. On the market you will find that there are practically hundreds of models to choose form and each of them will come with different features, including fish finders, autopilot, radar, electronic chart display systems and so forth. That is why before you will delve into the process of finding an elusive and good unit, you will need to first of all read some Marine GPS Reviews and decide which model you will actually make use of best. Below you will find several GPS models and a basic description of what they can do. Hopefully they will help you with your decision!
- Garmin GPSMAP 76CSx: This is a twelve channel marine GPS unit which is WAAS ready and is able to store up to fifty routes. It can also store up to one thousand points, it comes with an internal antenna, internal memory (built-in) and a two point six inch wide screen. If you are a beginner you will find that this model is perfect for your needs. It also is capable of performing basic tasks for a very low price.
- Garmin Fishfinder 400C: This is a GPS that actually weighs less than five hundred grams and it comes with an excellent four inch screen and see through technology, which will allow you to discover fish that flee out to shelter within covered areas. On top of that, you will also know the type of sea floor you are closing in on, be it soft, rocky or sandy. This model comes with the UltraScroll function which gives you info about the depth at which underwater creatures can be found underneath you.
- Lowrance Endura Out: For those who don’t really want to pay a lot of money when it comes to purchasing a marine GPS, they will certainly love this model. It comes with audio player options, a three point five inch display, city navigation maps of the Europe, Canada and the USA, marine cartography, touch screen capability, trip calculator, voice navigation GPS maps, expansion slots and depth display. Not only will you be able to use this unit in order to find your way on the sea, but you will also be able to use it as an entertainment device.
- Lowrance HDS-5m 5-Inch Waterproof Marine GPS: If you are a beginner boater or fisherman, then you will find this model to actually be one of the best out there. It comes with a sonar, depth display, chart plotting and fish finding technology, expansion slots, one thousand waypoints and WASS enhanced accuracy. The receiver is twelve channels, while the LCD display comes with a split screen option. In the included software maps you will find Hawaii and the USA.
- Humminbird 587ci HD Waterproof Marine GPS: This marine gps comes with a five inch display, it has a seven hundred and fifty waypoint capability and also features WAAS. Some of its primary features number the twelve channel receiver, alarms, marine cartography, chart plotting technology and also fish finding technology. The warranty the manufacturer has supplied with this device is just one year and on top of that it will also feature an expansion slot.
In the end, regardless of the model you will buy, make sure that it will fit your budget and also serve your goals. Good luck!